The first annual Oklahoma School Choice Summit is free to attend and a great opportunity for Oklahomans to join the conversation around school choice in Oklahoma. This is a chance to learn more about how empowering parents can create great outcomes for students and how we can improve education in our state starting today. This free event is open to the public. To RSVP, Click Here
- 4pm – Innovative Schools Panel, featuring: Meg Wheeler of KIPP - South OKC, Renee Porter of Cristo Rey Catholic High School, and Paul Campbell of Advance Rural Education
- 4pm – Charter Schools 101, with Oklahoma Public School Resource Center Executive Director Brent Bushey
- 5pm – Advocacy for School Leaders, featuring Matt Ball of CMA Strategies and Hopper Smith of Strategic Resource Consulting
- 5pm – School Choice Policy Panel, featuring Leslie Hiner of EdChoice, Adam Peshek of ExcelinEd, Scott Jensen of the American Federation for Children, and moderated by Brandon Dutcher of the Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs
- 6pm – Communities of Color Panel, featuring Dr. Steve Perry, Robert Ruiz of ChoiceMatters, Phillip Gover of the Sovereign Schools Project, and Marilinda Garcia of The Libre Initiative.
- 6pm – Parent Advocacy Training, led by the Grassroots Leadership Academy, "Motivating Friends & Neighbors by Telling Your Story"
School Expo: (4-7pm)
- Over 20 K-12 schools and organizations will be present for families to meet and learn more about quality school options in Oklahoma
Main Event (7 PM): The School Choice Summit begins, featuring:
- Lieutenant Governor Todd Lamb delivering remarks on “The State of School Choice in Oklahoma”
- A school choice legislative panel featuring Sen. Gary Stanislawski, Sen. Kyle Loveless, Rep. Chuck Strohm, Rep. Kevin Calvey, and former Rep. Jason Nelson
- Presentation of school choice awards
- Keynote speaker Dr. Steve Perry, principal of the Capital Preparatory Magnet School in Hartford, Conn., and author of “Push Has Come to Shove: Getting Our Kids the Education They Deserve – Even If It Means Picking a Fight.” Click here for more ingo on Dr. Steve Perry.
The Oklahoma School Choice Summit 2017 is proud to partner with: Choice Matters, Oklahoma Educated Workforce Initiative, Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs, Oklahoma Public Charter School Association, ExcelinEd, EdChoice, MetCares, Grassroots Leadership Academy, Oklahoma Faith Leaders, & The Libre Initiative.