Associate Director, ChoiceMatters
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
Type: Exempt, full-time
Contact: Robert Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until further notice
The ChoiceMatters program is a parent organization established to educate and motivate parents on the educational choices available in Oklahoma for their children and serve as a resource to families. This position crafts the image and public perception of ChoiceMatters and will require working with parents, school administrators, teachers, other program partners, and members of the public.
The position is housed within Scissortail Community Development Corporation (Scissortail) and reports to the Executive Director of the ChoiceMatters program.
This position is responsible for external communications including development of information collateral for parents, marketing including website and social media, developing partnerships, and administrative realms for ChoiceMatters, a grant funded through Scissortail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of an undergraduate degree and five or more years of experience as a leader working with education related non-profits, school districts, public leaders, stakeholders, and philanthropic organizations, preferably in Oklahoma.
Experience in marketing, social media engagement, and the design and implementation of public outreach program or related experience required. Knowledge of educational systems and outreach is a strong plus. Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals. Must have documented successful partnership cultivation experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AUTHORITY, AND RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive and innovative community outreach and communication plan
• Oversee public awareness, outreach, education, and communication for the ChoiceMatters program, especially to minority groups
• Update and maintain the program’s website weekly with events, information and news surrounding the program
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication/educational awareness campaign
• Manage and maintain database records
• Lead the development and creation of education choice information
• Support event planning logistics, including correspondence, financial reports, and printed
• Partner with other education choice programs
• Attend/Participate in school fairs and conferences
• Prepare regular reports for grant tracking purposes
• Lead our volunteer and relationship strategies
• Support Executive Director, as needed
• Perform related work as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Exceptional communication and public outreach
• Engagement through social media
• Microsoft Office suite of programs
• The benefits of education choice options
• Organizing outreach and educational campaigns
• Developing clear written content for use on the program website and print materials
• Public speaking and confidently communicating verbally to a wide variety of audiences
• Time management
• Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively
• Maintain effective working relationships with parents, school administrators and employees, non-profit and for profit partners, the public, and other agencies
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Collaboratively work as part of productive teams
• Take initiative and problem-solve
• Plan, schedule, and organize multiple priorities
• A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential information including supported families
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
• Spanish speaker a plus
• Ability to lift 40 lbs regularly
• Ability to drive
TERM AND COMPENSATION:
This project is funded for 24 months. Employment is at will. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
July 7, 2016